Dr. Rita Shats Cosmetic Gynecologist
About Dr. Rita Shats, MD FACOG
Dr. Rita Shats is a distinguished obstetrician and gynecologist, well-regarded for her clinical expertise, innovative approach, and compassionate patient care. Her proficiency in a broad range of obstetrics and gynecology procedures has solidified her reputation as one of the leading professionals in her field.
Dr. Shats is celebrated for her detailed approach, which allows her to deliver the most natural and effective results for her patients. She is dedicated to providing individualized care and always prioritizes her patients’ needs. She takes the time to understand each patient’s unique concerns, answer their inquiries, and develop a comprehensive treatment strategy that aligns with their needs and expectations.
Dr. Rita Shats, associated with Richmond University Medical Center, possesses an impressive array of experience and expertise in obstetrics and gynecology, supplemented by her roles as an Attending Physician and Associate Director of Gynecology. Her surgical proficiency, visionary approach, and empathetic nature earn her considerable respect. Further, her exceptional results serve as testament to her skills. As a prominent figure in several prestigious medical organizations, Dr. Shats delivers top-quality healthcare services.
Dr. Rita Shats Education:
- Cosmetic Gynecology Surgery Mini-Fellowship (2019)
- International Society of Cosmetic Gynecology, Bayonne, N.J.
- Intuitiv Surgical, da Vinci System Training (2013)
- Certified Console Robotic Surgeon, Hackensack, N.J.
- Ross University School of Medicine (2003)
- Doctor of Medicine Degree, Dominica, West Indies
- Bernard Baruch College (1997)
- Bachelor of Arts, Biology, New York, New York
Dr. Shats Professional Memberships:
- Member, Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Member, Advanced Minimally Invasive Gynecology
- Member, Brooklyn Society of Gynecology
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (FACOG)
- Member, American College of Pediatric Gynecology
- Member, International Society of Cosmetic Gynecology
Dr. Rita Shats Awards and Honors:
- Basic Life Support/Neonatal Resuscitation, 1999 – present
- Advanced Life Support/Neonatal Resuscitation, 1999 – present
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, 2007 – present
- Board Certified Obstetrics and Gynecology, FACOG, 2009 – present
- Advanced Robotic Laparoscopic Surgery, 2013 – present
- Certified Cosmetic Gynecology Surgery, 2019 – present
- Board Certified Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, FACOG, 2020 – present
- Board Eligible Minimally Invasive Surgery, FACOG, 2021 – present
- Bernard Baruch College Dean’s Scholar Award
- Multiple Bernard Baruch College Dean’s List Awards
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery 2007
- Mentorship Award 2010
- CREOG 2013
- Faculty of The Year Award, RUMC, OB/GYN 2008-2013
- Best Doctor of The Year OB/GYN, 2012, 2013
- America’s TOP Ob/Gyn Award, 2013
- National Faculty Award 2013
- Power Women in Business Award, 2017